Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Put A Book On Their Heads!

As I grew from a cute little bug into a pudgy toddler, then into an awkward pre-teen and on into the long-legged woman I've become...my parents used to tell their friends that they were going to put a book on my head. In my twelfth year I shot up a couple of inches in one summer. Talk about awkward! I'd reach for a glass of milk and misjudge the distance now that my arms were longer. We had a lot of spilt milk during that summer, but we didn't cry about it. We laughed, because that's what we did in our family.

I watch my grandbabies growing and I want to tell their parents, "Put a book on their heads!" Sabella was four months old when we last saw her. She wasn't even crawling yet, and now she's a beautiful fairy princess.







Sophia will be three next month. Where has the time gone?







And now my first baby, Jon, is a daddy.



And we've added Angela to our family.



Why am I contemplating all of this? Well, first because I have the pictures and I want to share them. But, second, today is my 5oth birthday. I've been around for 50 years! A half century! No wonder my babies have grown and now have babies of their own. I praise God that He has blessed me with family. And I pray a special blessing on my offshoots of their offspring. May God grant them blessings in abundance and may He draw them in to His presence so they will accept the gift of eternal life in Christ Jesus.

On this, my 50th birthday, I pray that my next 50 years will be just as filled to overflowing with God's abundant blessings, so much that I share that love with those around me.

How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in him. Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us to enter into the celebration of his lavish gift-giving by the hand of his beloved Son. --Ephesians 1:3-6 (The Message) Join my Devotion blog for my take on Ephesians.


Blog Design By: BlogSpot Templates